Scientist III, Process Development
In this role you will work alongside clients to design, develop and optimize processes that produce therapeutics used to treat and cure patients of life-threatening diseases. You will provide the cross functional leadership, operations acumen, and results focus to reliably meet and/or exceed product supply targets while achieving high levels of quality. You will partner across the site to implement robust business processes to support the successful planning, production, testing, and release of product in a fast-paced environment.
- Subject Matter Expert in Downstream Purification Techniques
- leads design of experimental plans and studies to ensure scientifically sound approaches
- Performs analytical testing and analysis to support process development efforts
- Engage in client conversations and uphold quality customer service
- Train junior scientists on purification or testing techniques
- Help drive continuous improvement efforts
- Provide cross functional technical support to MFG, MSAT, and Analytical/QC groups
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or related fields with at least (6+) years of related laboratory experience
- Master's Degree with (3+) years of PhD with related experience
- Proven ability in scientific practice and excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to problem solve using sound methodology and implement effective solutions with minimal supervision
- Hands on technical experience with small-scale and pilot scale plasmid production (preferably CDMO)
- Extensive knowledge of UNICORN and Akta Purification systems including but not limited to method writing and automation
- Technical experience with Tangential Flow systems (Preferably Hollowfiber TFF systems)
- Technical experience with multiple modes of Chromatography and Purification Strategies (preferably with Plasmid)
- Analytical Testing Experience including but not limited to HPLC, ELISA, qPCR, and CGE
- Knowledge of DOE principles and proven record of process optimization
- Technical report writing and presentations with effective communication
- Successful multi-tasking in a dynamic fast-paced environment
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits! Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range estimated for this position based in California is $91,700.00–$137,525.00.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards