Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Implementation Engineer (m/w/d) Oil, Gas Petchem and Chemicals
Within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), there is a group focused around winning in Applied markets. Thermo Fisher Scientific has the broadest range of offerings to support the Analytical Science testing labs such as Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Contract Testing. The role will be based in Germany with work at customer sites for a large fraction of the time.
How will you make an impact?
In this role you will understand customer needs in the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical space and work with the local and global teams to gain more market penetration for our technologies at these customers. Your work will help solve challenges for the customers and win more business for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Design and select the technology for customers and ensure the offering performs as the customer needs
- Ensure the order is designed, delivered, installed, personnel trained, and performs to customer specifications, interface with purchasing, lab decision-makers, lab personnel
- Conduct customer seminars and training, be a technology expert
- Integration of holistic offers for the customer including software, data collection, sample handling, and usability of data.
- Escalate issues for quick resolution as required for successful delivery and startup
- Be a member of a global steering team, guiding the business for growth globally based on your experience
- Provide focus with industry expertise on the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Chemicals market through skillful use of market development tools.
- Be the primary point of contact to the decisions-makers at the customers
- Provide a holistic view of Thermo Fisher Scientific offerings (analysers, software, consumables and services), and assemble customer presentation
- Interface with finance, regional sales, marketing, and technology/customer/regulatory experts in regions
- Use tools such as Voice of Customer, SalesForce.com, and customer databases.
- A degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required
- Technology expertise in Chromatography or software is required
- A strong advantage would be: refinery or chemical plant experience, integration of technologies to software, implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific technology in labs, and building customer references.
- Working experience in customer labs in an Analytical Science market would be a plus
- Understanding the workplace for Analytical Science testing labs in Quality Assurance or Quality Control
- Integration of analytical techniques into knowledge for the customer.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication skills in German. Includes but not limited to listening to customer challenges and understanding their needs.
- Communication skills internally and externally including data manipulation, articulating results, listening to the customer, delivering seminars and a mindset of not leaving until the customer is happy.
- A deep skill in Chromatography technology or software is preferred
What we Offer
- Employment within an innovative, growth-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.