10 Dec, 2020
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
The Chemical Engineer Internship position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a chemistry or chemical engineering degree to get hands on experience working with chemists/process engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Chemist/Chemical Engineer intern will contribute to development projects and advance best design practices. The position starts in May/June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Provide support related to method development projects including testing and design
- Support a variety of chemistry manufacturing activities and may be assigned to a variety of tasks throughout the department
- Be involved with many aspects of method validation and optimization tasks
- Provide feedback on projects.
- Learn about chemistry/chemical engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the Chemist/Chemical Engineer interns experience level and abilities
- A Chemist/Chemical Engineer intern works under the close supervision of chemists and a process engineer.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve methods of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with of Chromeleon
- Chemistry/Chemical Engineering Degree
- Previous Internship Experience
- Experience with SQL and C++
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.