Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you make an impact?
You will lead the technical support for process deviations and CAPA’s, to troubleshoot and resolve problems that occur in processing and to be the technical interface between the client, Technical Project Managers (TPM) and other internal groups in support of process improvements and validation activity.
We have two positions available.
What will you do?
- Prepares or reviews procedures, protocols, batch records, documents and reports of the new product batches
- Supports the shop floor in the scale up, feasibility, registration, validation and first commercial batches
- Helps production staff with processing difficulties
- External and internal client support ― assists in the coordination of project information between Business Management (BM), Technical Project Management (TPM), Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and commercial and PDS operations. Supports TPM’s with process execution and equipment trials. Performs batch analysis and trending.
- Investigations and CAPA’s ― Investigates and resolves process related issues.
- Identifies, proposes and implements processes or equipment changes to solve quality problems, efficiency or regulatory compliance
- Takes part in continuous improvement teams
- Reviews batch documents from PDS and recommends improvements for safe handling
- Keeps up-to-date with modern technological improvements in the processes and assist in the acquisition of new equipment
- Participates as team member on cross-functional teams, providing a technical vision
How will you get there?
- Bachelor of Science (Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering)
- 2 - 5 years of previous related experience in pharmaceutical, food or cosmetics industry
- In depth knowledge of wet and dry granulation methods and equipment
- Compression and encapsulation technologies
- Coating technology
- Delayed/ sustained release formulation expertise
- In depth knowledge of packaging systems for oral solid doses and liquids
- Microsoft Office suite
- Good protocol and report writing skills
- Multi- layer compression experience is an asset
- Project management certification is an asset
- Certified Canadian Packaging Professional (CPP) is an asset
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.