When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality, and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At our site in Swindon, Thermo Fisher are forging partnerships that are transforming the industry, creating new business models between pharma companies and their pharma service providers. We are pioneering solutions that are driven by client needs.
What will you do?
- To lead by example and provide Management and Leadership of the team aligned to Thermo Fisher culture, values, and behaviours.
- To be accountable and responsible for all associated activities in the absence of the Section Head.
- Ensure all team members are multi skilled to perform tasks, effectively, safely and in compliance of procedures. Effectively utilise the resource across the business to minimise increases in headcount.
- Ensure each member of the team has a personal development plan and objectives aligned with corporate and site goals.
- Deliver the weekly production schedule by ensuring, skills, materials, components, equipment, and documentation are available on time and in full.
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of products and processes to enable improvement and Lead and support client and regulatory visits and inspections.
- Be accountable for ensuring all associated batch documentation is completed in real time, undertake frequent daily routine checks and ensure all BMR entries are compliantly completed (including all SAP transactions).
- Agree measures of performance and targets with the Section Head, the targets will be cascaded appropriately.
- Embrace and undertake an active role in Mini T and Operational Excellence and support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and ideas.
- Support the introduction of new products, equipment, and processes.
- Be accountable for the ordering and usage of consumable items to ensure financial control.
- Be accountable and responsible for ensuring deviations and CAPAs are effectively closed on time.
- Ensure the facility is appropriately kept clean and tidy in line with 5s principles.
- Identify opportunities to Lean the process, eliminating or reducing waste and or non-value adding activities.
- Through a presence in the workplace, coach, and mentor staff to ensure products are manufactured and documentation completed in accordance with GMP, Standard Operating Procedures and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Timely completion of relevant deviation and complaint investigations to identify true root cause. Along with timely closure of corrective/preventative actions for deviations, complaints and GMP audits that are assigned to them with a focus on improved processes, documentation, documentation completion and training.
- Completion of Level 1 & 2 audits.
- Maintain a high level of tidiness and cleanliness at all times – personal, personnel, work area and department.
- Ensure aseptic licence, as required, is kept up to date.
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage, and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
What we need from you:
- Technical writing skills – Deviations, reports, investigations, SOPs.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, food or other regulated production operations.
- Leadership experience and supervisory management qualifications, preferably to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Lean manufacturing and/or Lean Six-Sigma training and experience desirable.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies, or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.