The positions objective is to assist in delivering all engineering key initiatives on time and within scope. The
Manufacturing Process Engineer will work closely with the manufacturing, QA & EHS departments to
deliver projects to enhance quality, productivity, safety and cost. The primary function of the manufacturing
process engineer is to ensure that manufacturing process continues to deliver world class products as
efficiently as possible through continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing areas
What will you do?
- The role of the manufacturing Process engineers is drive continuous improvement initiatives using PPI methodology and other Process excellence techniques.
- Participate as a team member in complex multi-functional projects taking the lead role when required on engineering actions and sub project.
- Lead Kaizen events and short to medium projects to completion ensuring all deliverables are delivered on time and on cost
- Ensure day to day manufacturing issues are resolved and auctioned in a timely manner
- Mentoring of other team members within engineering if required to develop skill improve communication skills
- Collaborate and share best practice and knowledge across functions and if required across sites
- Analyse daily metrics and use data driven decision to improve processes and generate reports to document
- Ability to write and perform validation of process and equipment
- Work with other departments to develop and improve current process equipment and systems to deliver change and improve key metrics
Who we are looking for:
- Good Technical knowledge of process and equipment
- Excellent communication skills – works across functions
- Result driven
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to learn and develop current skills and behaviours to progress within the function and lead by example.
- Knowledge of process excellence techniques including lean , Six sigma and SPC
- Good working knowledge of validation of medical devices ( IQ/ OQ/ PQ)
- Minimum HND or higher in technical / scientific discipline
- Experience working within a medical device manufacturing environment or cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of working within team and delivering projects deliverables essential
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.