£65 to £120,000PA + Bonus + Benefits
Risk Engineer – Conventional Power and Renewables
A world leader in international Insurance provision to the high risk /high hazard sectors including energy, chemicals, and marine, mass transport and power is now seeking a Power and Renewables Risk Engineer. The business, represented in over 50 countries globally, has a thriving and long-established office in London from where it supports EMEA. The team is growing in response to client demand and a further power specialist with significant experience of conventional power generation operations and /or renewables energy is now sought.
Involvement is offered in a wide range of insurance risk engineering activities within the Power and Renewables sectors, including Insurance underwriting surveys, risk assessments, broking and client technical support, and business development.
· Sound working knowledge of power & renewables technologies, ideally including gas turbines, fossil fuel generating plant, combined cycle plants, hydro plants, wind turbines, electrical systems, and combined Solar & Power. Work execution methods and project management practical experience are highly desirable
· Exposure to risk assessed driven decision-making is essential - relevant to field of expertise
· IT literacy to include general office systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access (or similar). Experience of technical simulation packages for process modelling, risk assessment, project execution purposes as is relevant to field of expertise
· Enhanced written communication skills, both for routine communications and for crafting the market survey reports
· Experience working in offshore wind, either for a major contractor or consultant. Experience can be in the operational area or in major project development and execution
· Experience working in thermal power generation, ideally for a major power generating company. Experience expected to include coverage of gas turbine technology. Expertise in the maintenance requirements and failure characteristics of different turbine models would be very welcome.
· Comfortable with 60 days international travel a year (when possible)
· Available to attend our clients London offices 2/3 days a week when not travelling and when required
· Candidates are encouraged from an operation, production, maintenance, equipment manufacturer/ supply background.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E -mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both a Recruitment Business and Recruitment Agency