29 Aug, 2023
Alabang, Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Manila.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Process Engineering.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first-time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Represent contractor in coordination with Company Discipline Heads / Project Team for monitoring of Company Standards and quality
- Review any design work carried out by third parties (vendors), and to participate in, some instances lead HAZOP, HAZID, IPF, reliability studies, Safety and Facilities Technical audits
- Establish the actual (as opposed to design) capacities / capabilities of existing field facilities in order to identify potential bottlenecks and scope for optimisation
- Identify potential applications for new technology
- Actively develop local staff to fulfill engineers and managing role
- Environmental aspects (ISO14001) of oil and gas design
- Safety aspects of design in relation to the project cycle e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HAZAN, IPF classification methodology and implementation, reliability studies, Fire & Gas mapping and risk analysis techniques
- Quality Assurance and Control requirements of the design process
- Prepare engineering, construction and material estimation, schedule, resource planning and update resource capacity planning half yearly
- Work on engineering projects at any phase including concept identification and selection, FEED and Detailed design
- Produce and check process deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- The candidate shall have a minimum 6 years’ experience of practical engineering design experience (designer / drafting level is not included) appropriate to the discipline in the offshore and onshore oil and gas industry and/or petrochemical industry.
- At least three (3) years shall have been spent in the overall coordination and supervision of an engineering design team
- Shall be conversant and have working knowledge with the relevant international standards and code of practices
- Expert in using process simulation software like Hysys or Unisim or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in other process software like Flarenet, Arrow, Fathom, Pipenet or equivalent
- Experience in equipment, instrument and relief valve sizing
- Experience participating in HAZOP, HAZID and LOPA studies
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!