29 Aug, 2023
Lead Engineer, Process Engineer
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer in the offshore oil and gas industries.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction. Will serve as the Lead Process Engineer on large and complex projects
- Highly competent to perform all process engineering functions including: deliverables such as feasibility and optimization studies, process simulations and heat and material balances, process equipment sizing, process data for instrument and mechanical data sheets, hydraulic piping line sizing and other philosophies and reports. In addition, highly competent to perform relief calculations and flare network modeling
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Able to check Engineering calculations as well as check drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Initiates regular communication between the process team and all other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of work and that consistent technical content is maintained for all design documents/data throughout the project
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 15 years of process engineering experience
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- NCEES Professional Engineering License preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!