29 Aug, 2023
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join its team in Abu Dhabi.
This role will aid in delivering the ASSESS / SELECT Stage study, Pre-FEED, Technology/Licensor Screening / Selection within Specialist Engineering & Consulting and the wider Wood organisation in agreement with the Study Manager / Study Lead and in accordance with applicable procedures.
- To assist / deliver projects and technical studies, achieving the company and project’s technical quality requirements within agreed schedules in consultation with Study Manager / Study Lead.
- Being part of the study / project team Senior Engineer will perform the given process engineering related activities / prepare the deliverables / reports in consultation with Study Manager / Study Lead on Specialist Engineering & Consulting (SEC) contracts.
- Software Skill: Candidates have hands-on experience on Aspen Hysys software and perform simulations for gas processing plant.
- Technology Familiarity / Expertise: Is viewed by both colleagues and customers as a source of high-quality advice in their field of technology. Able to assess new technology offerings and advise on suitability within the Gas Processing industry (Acid Gas Removal Unit, Dehydration and Natural Gas Recovery).
- Analytical Skills: Can work confidently with data to interpret trends, issues and risks. Will factor in limitations of data sources when presenting findings. Generates a range of options and appraise them before communicating more widely. Is able to design or adapt analytical tools to suit each situation.
- Customer Focus: Is able to manage technical expectations of internal & external customers without conflict. Can use their knowledge and expertise to identify the difference between customer wants and their true needs. Takes personal responsibility for identifying and resolving most technical and execution issues.
- Professional Network: Understands external rules and regulations that impact business objectives. Maintains their professional network through regular and positive contact.
- Commercial Understanding: Shall fully familiar with scope of work and its impact due to scope change.
- Technical Design: Perform high standard in technical design using Wood, client and industry standards and data in line with Project requirements. Has an in-depth technical understanding to enable analysis and interpretation of technical designs.
- Continuous Improvement: Strives to achieve and improve not only personal performance but also that of their service line and the service line personnel.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in the relevant Engineering Discipline or Science (Chemical / Process Engineering preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Gas Processing facilities
- Chartered Engineer or Equivalent
- Fellow of an appropriate professional institution.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Oil & Gas industry Conceptual Study experience is required.
- Experience in Gas processing facility Industry including Conceptual Study experience related to similar industry can be considered. Middle East/ADNOC experience is preferred.
- Expertise in the use of steady state, in Aspen HYSYS,
- Familiarize with Pipesim, Flarenet, TLNET, TGNET, Pipenet, SPS software. A credible expert in their field and recognized as such within the industry.
- Has worked on a range of studies across different markets and understands the tools used and levels of detail required to support the early phase decision making process.
- Has relevant experience in Feasibility / Conceptual Study, FEED..
- Respectful to others and tolerant to alternative points of view.
- Good at working in teams.
- Flexible in thinking and in work methods.
- Keen to learn and keen to share learning with others.
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to problem-solving.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!