29 Aug, 2023
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work with the team in Equatorial Guinea on a 10x3 rotational basis.
The candidate will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and economic execution of numerous field and above field level projects based on the Engineering and Management of Change (MOC) processes for the offshore and onshore facilities. The engineer will be responsible for the concept development, detailed engineering, and execution of Management of Change projects with minimum guidance and support. Thus, the engineer is expected to have fundamental process engineering knowledge and skills for troubleshooting and sound concept development.
- Supports Company HES and Security policies and programs.
- Display sound and fundamental process engineering skills / knowledge for troubleshooting of unit operations (Pumps, Compressors, Expanders, Distillation Columns, Heat Exchangers etc.) with emphasis on fluid flow, mass, and heat transfer.
- Understand design codes and standards with application of best industry practices to comply with ROMS Element 4&5 expectations.
- Understand Business Management Systems (BMS) and how it is applied cross-functionally within the organization.
- Complete assigned Feasibility Engineering Queries (EQs) and Detailed Engineering Designs (EDs) in accordance with Design Codes and standards, including liaising with operations to assure solutions meet operating needs, and development of approved facility modifications into fully defined engineered packages for field execution.
- Act as Responsible Project Engineer as described in the Engineering and Management of Change processes / procedures, assuring that modifications are properly evaluated, implemented, and closed out.
- Evaluate, complete, and lead implementation of changes with minimal supervision.
- Display excellent project management skills required to manage projects right from concept stage to execution and close-out.
- Competent in the area of Process Safety able to support and/or lead PHA, What If, Risk Assessments, HAZOP, RBI etc. efforts as required for changes to onshore and offshore process facilities.
- Act as an SME for any Management change (MOC) requirements for applicable changes on the offshore and onshore facilities.
- Participate in project design reviews and provides technical suggestions / recommendations to enhance designs for optimum operations of the offshore and onshore facilities.
- Display experience (if any) in process simulations such as HYSYS, PIPESIM, FLARENET, and VMG Symmetry. Preference given to VMG Symmetry proficiency.
- Use process simulation skills to evaluate, assess and optimize processes and troubleshoot systems as required.
- Provide day to day process engineering support to operations in troubleshooting and optimizing facility operations and maintenance as required.
- Support efforts to develop and maintain a process safety culture through proper execution and stewardship of the Engineering, MOC, PSSR processes, as well as supporting all other applicable ROMS elements, particularly PHA and Incident Investigations.
- Mentor, coach, and train less experienced engineers in the team (For Level II & III candidates)
- Support Company’s Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS) by personal involvement in the system health checks and activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, in relevant discipline, mechanical or chemical engineering (preferred)
- PMP Certification (if available)
- Gas conditioning and processing, pumps, compressors, process safety, piping design etc.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, with Spanish preferred.
- All MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- SAP PM
- HYSYS / VMG Symmetry Modeling software
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!