29 Aug, 2023
Brisbane QLD, Australia
Lead Engineer, Process Engineer
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join our team in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering projects for our clients in the Oil & Gas, Water and Renewables industries.
- Process engineering services to the client, ranging from Conceptual and Front-end through to Detailed Design, As-built and Close-out activities
- Completes a variety of complex process engineering calculations, including process simulation modelling (steady-state & dynamic)
- Prepare key Process Engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs, heat and material balances
- Develop key Process Engineering documents including safeguarding narrative and control philosophy
- Participate in key risk review workshops as focal point process engineer, including HAZOP, HAZID and SIL studies
- Lead a team of process engineers to ensure high quality work is delivered within schedule and budget
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Chartered Engineer and RPEQ essential
- Minimum 20+ years relevant experience
- Proven experience leading a team of process engineers across multiple phases of mid-to-large-scale projects (including Concept Studies, FEED and Detailed Design)
- Ability to apply the theories, codes and standards appropriate to the Process discipline
- Design engineering related experience within the Hydrocarbon industry and more specifically in the Onshore Oil & Gas production industry - preferred
- Experience participating in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL studies as focal point Process Engineer
- Experience using key industry software, including HYSYS and UniSim
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re a Principal Process Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!