About Genesis Energies
Genesis has united over 1,000 world-leading engineers in 16 cities around the world. Together, we have raised the bar in early phase engineering consultancy, full-lifecycle subsea engineering services, feed and detailed design of onshore and offshore projects. Using a deeper understanding of client objectives, constraints, market, environment and aspirations, we enhance efficiency, productivity and sustainability.
We are currently seeking a Flow Assurance Engineer to join our team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About The Job
Flow Assurance Engineer scope would be;
- To perform and develop Flow Assurance scope of work
- To be responsible for the content and quality of its own work
- To produce process/ flow assurance deliverables under the direction/supervision of a Lead/Principal Engineer.
- Perform design calculations and assisting in the performance of Engineering and Field Development studies.
- Be able to take on some conceptual process design.
- Understand the technical data and discipline work instructions
- Follow project management instructions to ensure completion of project is in accordance with project requirements..
- Awareness of execution schedule
- Develops and analyses engineering solutions to specific job requirements.
- Liaises with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
- Assist with preparation, of engineering deliverables and ensures quality is in line with Genesis’ standards
- Assist with Engineering Studies (& Simulations where appropriate)
- Running of proprietary software & design packages.
- Performing engineering calculations where necessary.
- Production of technical notes for reporting of study results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree qualified – preferably chemical, mechanical petroleum
- A minimum of 0 to 3 years’ experience in process and flow assurance
- A first experience in flow assurance will be a plus
- Good understanding of fluid dynamics and fluid characteristics
- Good understanding of PFDs, UFDs, P&IDs, HMB
- Knowledge of thermodynamic fluid properties & phase behavior
- Understanding of key flow assurance related issues; hydrate, wax, scale, corrosion, asphaltene, liquid management
- Experience with process simulation (Hysym, ProII…)
- Flow assurance modelling experience using OLGA, Pipesim and PVTsim, Pipenet or similar will be a plus.
The job holder must have proven:
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- High degree of initiative and motivation combined with ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-discipline understanding is essential.
- Ability to develop good client relationship (preferable)
- Strong computational skills. Ability to learn new software packages related to the discipline
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and apply knowledge effectively
Starting Date: Immediate
Once receiving your application, a recruiter performs an initial check and a review is further carried by hiring manager. We expect to take up to a few weeks to perform that review. If you hear from us, it is because we want to organize interviews and meet with you physically, or virtually, depending upon the location. To get an overview of the recruitment process, visit our dedicated webpage here.
We invite you to get to know more about our company by visiting www.genesisenergies.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram for company updates.