Provide process safety and risk management leadership to achieve global HSE performance goals and drive continuous improvement.
Coordinate and support the process safety related licensing activities including leading Pre-startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs). Frequently travelling 40-60%
• Coordinate and support the process safety related licensing activities including leading PSSRs
• Serve as the company’s knowledgeable process safety and risk management expert(s); engage manufacturing sites and capital project teams.
• Actively process safety based drive Learning from Experience and Technology and Knowledge Management
• Act as document owner of Operational Excellence Process Safety standards.
• Actively participate in the Global Core and/or Extended Process Safety Network.
• Analyze company’s process safety performance using lagging and leading indicators; develop and implement action plans and programs to drive performance.
• Assess and prioritize company-wide process safety risks; lead or support the development of action plans including the LRP and capital approval processes.
• Lead or support process safety engineering activities including facility siting, safety instrumented systems, relief & flare studies, etc.
• Be fully knowledgeable in applicable process safety laws, codes, laws, regulations, consensus standards, recommended practices, and guidelines.
• Develop and deliver process safety and risk management training programs
• Participate in audits and incident investigations.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, Chemistry or Physics.
• A Professional Registration is a plus.
• Fluent English
• Technically trained in an engineering discipline with a process engineering background.
• Ability to lead through influence.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of process safety methods and systems.
• Ability to drive multiple initiatives and programs.
• Good understanding of business objectives and the ability to prioritize initiatives and the application of resources.
• Drive company values.
• Ability to handle diversity in the work place.
• Ability to translate working knowledge of the business into clear and specific strategies.
• Ability to utilize functional knowledge expertise to contribute to the success of the business.
• Have courage to bring conflicts to the surface and resolve them effectively.
• Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
• Have an excellent customer focus to ensure that services are delivered in a cost effective way.