The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for six HM Specialist Inspectors to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £55,808 - £59,993 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and an extra day Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
If you have a wealth of experience in practical Process Safety, this is a great chance to join an incredible team!
Your diligence and expertise will protect countless individuals, as you will join us in keeping people safe at work.
So, if you’re ready to apply your skillset to a fantastic and unique opportunity, read on and apply today!
This role is mostly remote working with travel 1-2 times a month for inspections across the UK. Attendance in an office is normally once a week. The part-time working patterns that can be supported are: 4 days a week, 9-day fortnights and term time working, although some flexibility is needed during the first 2 years due to training, with advanced notice.
As a HM Specialist Inspector, you will help to prevent incidents by regulating major hazard industries and influencing whole sectors to improve health and safety standards.
Alongside fellow technical specialists, you will ensure that work activities are compliant with legislation by inspecting, investigating, and assessing organisations.
Whether that’s inspecting a chemical processing plant, assessing a company’s safety report or providing technical assistance to colleagues, you will be working to keep countless people safe at work.
To be considered as a HM Specialist Inspector, you will need:
- Chartered Membership or Chartered Fellowship of the Institution of Chemical Engineers or the Royal Society of Chemistry – or currently have the academic and professional qualifications to apply and achieve Chartered status within two years of appointment
- A breadth of practical Process Safety experience of chemical and/or onshore downstream oil industry processing, including controlling risks associated with operations
- A practical understanding of the design and operation of chemical process plant
- A degree (Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate) in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a relevant subject
- A full, valid driving licence
The closing date for this vacancy is 20th September 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Regulation Officer, Project Engineer, Chemist or Chemical Engineer.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to advance your career as a HM Specialist Inspector, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Reference code: 303143