ClonBio Group Ltd., is an Irish company which owns and operates Europe’s largest bioethanol production facility, south of Budapest, Hungary via its subsidiary, Pannonia Bio Zrt. The Hungarian plant currently processes 1.3 million tons of maize per year into ca. 530,000 m3 of fuel ethanol, 375,000 tons of high protein animal feed and 15,000 tons of corn oil. The facility is undergoing its fourth expansion since opening in 2012 and the company has ongoing process improvement projects as well as further expansion and new product development projects especially in the area of renewable biotechnology, biogas and energy integration.
Pannonia Bio Zrt. is currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for the Engineering & Technology Group to play an important role in the design and implementation of the company’s ongoing and future projects. The Process Engineer will have prior experience and exposure to a broad range of processes applicable to the biofuel and related industries such as brewing, fermentation, distillation, evaporation and drying as well as dry goods and powder handling. Knowledge of hygienic design to Food Grade/EHEDG standard and prior experience with specific technologies for particle size reduction, mechanical separation by centrifugation/decantation and ceramic & polymeric membrane filtration, MVR design as well as anaerobic digestion is highly desirable.
The successful candidate is expected to take assigned projects from conception through commissioning and handover to Operations in a fast-paced, strongly results driven work environment. In addition, the Process Engineer will be expected to be a key initiator of new processes and process improvements.
The description of this Process Engineer role includes the following aspects, amongst others:
- Carry out all the phases of initiation, planning and design of engineering projects related to new projects and modifications to existing processes
- Design projects with the company standards such as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and food sanitary process.
- Prepare the meeting minutes when meeting with plant and engineering for his/her projects
- Perform engineering activities such as mass and energy balances, equipment selection calculations, preparation of specification data sheets, process descriptions, capacity modeling, NPSH calculations and hydraulic calculations, prepare equipment list, block diagrams, process flow diagrams (PFD), (P&ID) and utility requirements
- Analyze the process with process simulation tools such as Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus
- Discuss and coordinate all aspects related to projects and keep the Engineering Manager updated with the information for decision making and project management
- Respond to queries from engineers and operating personnel
The Process Engineer will be educated to at least Bachelor Degree level and will be practical and organized in nature, hands-on in approach and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary project environment.
The position is based in Hungary and the successful candidate must be prepared to relocate to the Budapest area. The salary package will be attractive, set in Euro and will include a company car. Occasional travel both within Europe and further afield may be required.
Pannonia Bio will consider applications from non-EU citizens. The business is managed exclusively through English and Hungarian language skills are not required.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send an email with the subject “Process Engineer” containing your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Chartered Engineer Mechanical & Equipment Design jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer Mechanical & Equipment Design jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Process Engineer Mechanical & Equipment Design jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Process Designer Mechanical & Equipment Design jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer