Senior Asset Management Consultant
Our client is one of the world’s most successful and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 50 offices world–wide, their teams collaborate, innovate and create. The business is proud to have been have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats within the energy, power, hydrocarbon, refining ,petrochemical and utilities sectors over the past 70 years.
The organisation fosters a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people and our partners.
The business currently has an opportunity for a Senior Asset Management Consultant within its consultancy team within its energy and chemicals group practice, based in London. The successful person will be a key member of the team providing consulting services across a broad range of industries (oil, gas, refining, petrochemicals, power and utilities).
Reporting to the Group Manager Asset Management, the experienced Senior Consultant will demonstrate competence in areas including Asset Strategy, Integrity, Operational Excellence, Reliability, Maintenance, Turnarounds and Operational Readiness Assurance.
The role provides opportunities to tailor bespoke services to suit a diverse set of clients, working in a ‘sell-do’ business model and to be a key member of the practice.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide consulting services to clients during all phases of an engagement, including benchmarking, gap analysis, solution identification, justification, prioritisation, ranking, implementation and close out;
- Support and lead marketing and business development activities and sell consulting engagement of various sizes;
- Lead, manage and implement solutions and performance improvements within client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction;
- Act as ‘Subject Matter Expert’ in Asset Management activities across energy and chemicals consultancy and the wider organisation.
- Prepare and deliver conference papers for delivery at international events;
- Participate in cross-sector ‘Asset Management Community of Practice’;
- Identify new opportunities and leads;
- Support growth of the business.
Primary experiential requirement
The candidate must demonstrate competency and experience in the following:
- Able to work within a ‘sell-do’ model;
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed;
- Practical consulting experience – including scoping, selling and delivery;
- Asset management strategies, practices and methodologies.
- Significant experience of refining / petrochemicals or other hydrocarbon processing.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels;
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organisation (Board to Technician);
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment
- Desire to expand role and be adaptable to client’s needs;
- Leads the preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets;
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate some experience and knowledge in a number of the following services areas:
- Significant site operational / maintenance experience
- Technical due diligence (for mergers and acquisitions)
- Experience with (very) large projects
- Assessment of maintenance and manufacturing businesses
- Performance improvement programs
- Operational Readiness
Other Essential Functions
- Based in London
- Direct sales and business development experience
- Advanced degree and excellent academic record (BSc/MSc/MBA/PhD) or equivalent in relevant discipline
- English and preferably a second language
- Ability and desire to travel on frequent short-duration international business trips
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call for an initial confidential discussion on 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency