SABIC’s Geleen Site encompasses two Naphtha crackers, a Logistics department comprising tank farms, inland harbor and rail terminal, a Polypropylene unit, two Polyethylene units and a Product Handling department. The Naphtha crackers produce amongst others ethylene and propylene, which are mainly used as feedstock for the successive poly-olefins plants. Our polyethylene product range includes all of the commodity thermoplastic polymers, linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), low-density polyethylene (LDPE), and high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The polypropylene product range includes block copolymer and specialty automotive grades.
Structure Site Geleen:
We have operational units that are based on the PMT-model (Plant Operations, Maintenance and Technical). Plant Operations is responsible for a safe and reliable production within the defined Safety Health & Environment / License to Operate window. To enhance our workforce we are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Operations Process Engineer for the department Manufacturing Logistics Chemicals Intermediates.
The department Logistics C&I is specialized in the storage, distribution and handling of Hydrocarbons.
To perform its tasks properly the department operates six tank farms, several distribution networks and pipelines to customers and two loading-unloading complexes: Railway and Truck handling, and inland harbor. Logistics C&I has the lead in the following tasks:
1. The management and operation of internal storage and distribution facilities (including ensuring a storage volume to absorb disturbances and maintain a minimum stock).
2. The sloading and offloading for road, water and rail transportation.
3. Monitoring the quality of raw materials and products and ensuring a correct volume measurement and the transport of raw materials and products, particularly where it transports to and from third parties.
4. Contributing to customer service. For example monitoring product, providing representative samples and timely product availability.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Our Operations Process Engineers are being challenged to:
• Support and advise the management how to achieve Safety, Health & Environmental, financial and business objectives.
• Maximize asset utilization and optimize the availability of the assets in order to be able to achieve production objectives in the Manufacturing Plan both quantitatively and qualitatively within appointed SHE- and License To Operate frameworks.
• Identify bottlenecks, deviations and opportunities to improve the production process in terms of troubleshooting, participate in Run & Maintain-meeting and Small Activity proposals.
• Monitor and clarify the plant performance given the regular operating window (performance killers) and report on and resolve performance killers.
• Coordinate the execution of regular experiments in the plant as well as to evaluate afterwards.
• Stimulate and work together in multidisciplinary teams. Liaison between operations, technical and maintenance for Logistics department and lead operations engineer for site wide issues.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (HBO).
• Preferably 2-3 years of relevant work experience as Process Engineer (in a multinational).
• Fluent in English and Dutch (verbal and written).
As a person, you have / are:
• Good communication skills and well-developed social skills.
• Leadership skills and interested to act as a functional and operational back up of the Manager Operations.
• Excellent analytical skills and able to switch between conceptual and detailed level.
• Showing ownership and eagerness to reach the agreed results.
For more information about this role you can contact: Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter, via +31 6 15887339.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.