SR FIELD INNOVATION ENGINEER – APPAREL & EQUIPMENT (SRI LANKA)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
Innovation to Scale
- Work with innovation factory partners on method of make, machinery investigation and setting up lines to scale manufacturing
- Run pre-production trials with Nike/factory teams to validate process and scalability
- Partner with Innovation teams to make early recommendations on prototyping techniques and tooling solutions
- Drive to Identify/alleviate potential manufacturing or efficiency concerns. Ensure that these concerns are properly resolved as product transitions into manufacturing.
- Standardize and document manufacturing process/machinery and best practices in order to copy/paste in different locations
- Interact with Innovation teams and Functional Mgmt. to insure proven and tested readiness of new technologies and methods of make prior to production.
- Research new technologies and machinery inside and outside of the industry
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase production capabilities
- Document and communicate Process, Machinery and Tooling information to extended cross-functional teams
- Build and refine communication tools and templates for the Manufacturing Innovation organization.
- Complete Manufacturing Readiness Assessment documentation for key projects
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Textile or Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 5-8 years Apparel or related product type engineering and/or manufacturing experience; Product knowledge and thorough understanding of textile based product creation and manufacturing process.
- Strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems. This position is expected to be very hands on.
- Demonstrated skills in, project engineering, problem solving and result orientation
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks or similar) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) required
- English and local language, effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting technical information.
- Ability to travel within Asia and US.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 9847