INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER I
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
NIKE is always on the offense and always innovating. Join the NIKE team to help revolutionize the manufacturing of the world’s best footwear. In this role, you will aid in the development, design, and implementation of automated manufacturing lines and systems. You will help research, design, and improve manufacturing processes, that will then influence the design and development of automated equipment and process layouts. You will directly use and/or coach peers with IE tools and techniques to support Optimization projects, and Manufacturing Modernization through Prescriptive Proliferation. You will work with a cross functional engineering team to create and implement industrial automation, and launch new products, that will enable a sustainable future.
Key Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
- Use IE tools and techniques to create, lead, and support footwear manufacturing Optimization. Will work closely with Category, Functional Engineering, and Costing to identify Optimization opportunities, propose projects, and possibly lead or coordinate projects.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and global technical resource for Optimization and Manufacturing Modernization through Prescriptive Proliferation.
- Lead a project and developing an end to end ecosystem of OEE operation from initiation up to improvement across manufacturing partners
- Actively participate or lead estimation of impact (in terms of labor, cycle time, capacity, and other relevant metrics) of Manufacturing Modernization projects in factory partners’ facilities.
- Works closely with Factory Partners and other Nike engineering functions to coach and communicate to achieve expected results.
- Communicates findings throughout project life cycle to various stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS degree in Industrial, Process, or Mechanical Engineering with experience in process development.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in industrial engineering, Process Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-4 years of experience in Process Engineering specifically around developing new manufacturing processes (scientific method, root cause analysis, design of experiments, statistical methods, forced failure - development of process operating range).
- 0-3 years of experience in Industrial Engineering specifically around automated manufacturing line layout, design, and management (process mapping, time & motion study, layout, people/material/equipment flow, and efficiency analysis).
- Experience in the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Experience with automated manufacturing machinery.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Minitab software or other statistical analysis software.
- Strong English speaking capability.
- Experience with MS Visio 2d CAD software is a plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 10435