CHEMICAL ENGINEER II (CONVERSE)
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
An Awesome Situation is Developing
Architects don’t build buildings. And Designers don’t build products. You do. The Development crew. It’s all dreams and drawings without you. Getting things made takes time and manpower and testing and understanding. Deconstruction and reconstruction. It takes people capable of looking into the guts of the situation and saying: Yeah, we can do that. It’s called Know-How. If you’ve got it, check us out.
The nature of the work is focused on research and development of products from conception to retail to meet the needs of accounts and consumers.
- Utilizes veteran engineering knowledge and applied research towards the development and design of new products and processes.
- Defines protocol and establishes direction of engineering work in one or more general engineering functions to include mechanical, process, product, chemical, etc. Applies work to elevate product through the use of new technologies and processes.
- Generates tests, and results analysis. Draws conclusions and makes subsequent process or product recommendations. Solves complex engineering problems and takes corrective action.
- Summarizes reports, data, and findings and prepares reports or briefs of assigned projects. Presents concepts and solutions at the functional level. Clearly and concisely communicates the knowledge required to transition work into concrete process or product improvements.
Requirements of the position include
- Bachelor Degree in chemical or relevant industry
- 5+ years directly relevant work experience
- Experience in apparel/ textile/ footwear
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Good communication, influencing skill
- Good problem solving and deliver solution, good analysis and decision making
- FLUENT in spoken and written English and Vietnamese
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 10538