Finance & Risk Engineering - Platform Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken.
Our Data, Platform, Infrastructure and Risk engineers work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance & Risk Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices.
Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in the Finance & Risk Engineering organization under the Technology Division, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting-edge technologies with measurable commercial outcome
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Build strong relationships with business-facing technology teams and business partners
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in full stack: front-end Web Development or server-side Java development with Relational Database
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion for problem-solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate front-end design aesthetics with a focus on User Experience.
- Technologies: TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Java, Spark, Tableau, Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centres around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.