Project Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
Performs engineering tasks for assigned Mechanical/Piping Projects, using Mechanical engineering expertise and appropriate resources to ensure that work is completed safely, in a cost effective manner, within budget and schedule and to the standards required.
Ensures compliance in all assigned project related activities to standards, procedures and relevant documentation relating to the Methanex USA facilities.
- Ensures that all Mechanical/Piping and related Project engineering safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Ensures projects are implemented in accordance with Methanex Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with USA legislation.
- Ensures that all Mechanical / Piping Project functions are integrated effectively across all relevant work groups.
- Develops scopes of work for Mechanical / Piping Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages.
- Ensures all projects undertaken which result in changes to the plant are approved through the site Management of Change (MOC) process
- Contributes to studies and assists in developing costs and options for Capital Plan development.
- Provides effective Mechanical / Piping engineering services.
- Contributes to the Design Approval process on assigned projects to ensure input is obtained from the appropriate disciplines and that changes are made to the design as required.
- Participates in the review of detailed design, purchase specifications and construction packages for compliance with statutory requirements, appropriate standards and Methanex procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted and that all issues identified are actioned.
- Ensures appropriate reliability reviews are undertaken on Project designs.
- Contributes to the development of procedures and provision of resources for the commissioning of relevant Projects together with Operations.
- Helps to ensure that the systems to maintain and store Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office are in compliance with the Methanex USA procedures and standards.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years experience in a Mechanical Engineering role, OR, a Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice.
- Knowledge of the petrochemical industry.
- Understanding of Mechanical / Pipingengineering and design in a petrochemical environment.
- Project management fundamentals.
- Familiarity with API, ASME and ANSI standards
- Safety culture in design and construction
- Computer literacy
- AutoCAD competency