The Role: Process Engineer
Implement, develop, and optimize production methodologies in the manufacturing operations of Tesla. Optimize product flow though the factory though process optimization that may include tool /fixture selection, line layouts, ergonomic study, material presentation, and other relevant factors. Interface with design, test, and quality engineering to solve problems, improve manufacturability, and implement continual improvement. Sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvements. Work with quality to compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
• Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing yield, capacity, and capability in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
• Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices.
• Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
• Create and maintain Manufacturing Instructions, routings, and associated processes.
• Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production and into mass manufacturing.
• Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
• Monitor and reduce process variation using Statistical Process Control.
• Implement and support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
• Analyze, develop, process, and implement Engineering Change Orders.
• Work with production staff and engineers to develop, validate, and improve processes used in manufacturing and manufacturability of designs.
• Disposition Non-Conforming Material.
• Develop and train sustaining technicians.
• Assist in the training of operators as needed.
• B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• Minimally 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.).
• Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
• Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
• Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) desired.
• Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
• Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
• Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc).
• Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical drawings.
Apply for Process Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly