Associate Director, Regions
Associate Director, Regions
Location: Rugby or Central London
Salary: Circa £70,000 (depending on experience)
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) embraces over 40,000 members in more than 100 countries. We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia. We provide connections to a powerful professional network.
IChemE is the only organisation that awards the internationally-recognised qualifications of Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer. We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2020.
We are looking for an Associate Director to join our Regions team. Reporting to the Regions Director, you will proactively lead all member engagement activities within the Atlantic Region. You will be responsible for the development and management of our Atlantic based regional staff team and you will establish and lead the programmes of work to achieve IChemE objectives in relation to our member engagement activities.
You will be degree educated in chemical engineering or another science/engineering related discipline. Ideally, you will also be a professionally qualified member of IChemE or a similar Institution. You will have at least 5 years senior management experience and be comfortable getting involved in day to day team issues, managing budgets and forecasts, tracking performance and targets, building and managing key stakeholder relationships, making strategic business decisions and managing organisational change.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing the regional business plan and key strategies
- Providing support to the Regions Director (based in Australia) and managing all Atlantic specific member engagement activities including the day to day management of the Atlantic Regions staff
- Ensuring that all Member Group and Special Interest Group volunteers are fully supported by the team in their delivery of Learned Society activities
- Providing policy guidance, support and advice to Regional Boards and members to ensure IChemE strategy is delivered at regional level
- Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships. Engaging with and being influential to students, members, volunteers, technical experts, companies, academia, staff etc.
- Collaborating with other IChemE regions and external bodies to identify and share good practice on member led activities
- Ensuring that key advisors/experts in the region are engaged to ensure a relevant IChemE response to chemical engineering and related process industry issues
- Preparing, managing and being accountable for all Atlantic regional budgets, forecasts and management accounts
- Providing and presenting financial and business updates to relevant regional Boards and Groups on financial viability, financial procedures, risks, opportunities and implications of regional initiatives and proposals
Due to the international nature of this role and the Atlantic coverage required; this position requires a willingness to work flexibly, to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours and to represent IChemE at various stakeholder meetings and events.
The position can be based in either Rugby (CV21 3HQ) or Central London (SW1H 9JJ) and there will be extensive travel required within the UK and possibly overseas.
Only applicants eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
Starting salary will be circa £70,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email our HR team: email@example.com
(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
The closing date for all applications is close of business Sunday 18 November 2018.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs
Apply for Associate Director, Regions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly