Engineer - Special Process
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Central Operations Manufacturing Technology group is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineer to drive leading-edge manufacturing technology projects related to Special Processes - Heat Treatment, Chemical Processing, Welding/Joining, Coatings etc.
- Apply scientific principles to innovate, design, develop, and implement solutions to manufacturing special processes, tools, and systems to ensure compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer needs across applicable operating conditions.
- Providing insight into process improvement, problem resolution, variation reduction and strategic direction for a variety of special processes.
- The successful candidate will be one who is familiar with multiple special processes and is readily able to team with and across multiple business units through strong communications skills, ability to drive projects to closure and strong desire to help others learn.
- Domestic and International travel will be required.
- Knowledge / understanding of one or more of the following areas: heat treat, chemical processing, welding, joining coatings, machining, non-destructive testing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard software - Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Powerpoint - Creating/Updating spreadsheets, documents and slides.
- Unigraphics Software or other design software tools
- Experience working with projects and driving them to completion
- A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Chemistry or Metrology discipline is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year