SENIOR MANUFACTURING/PROCESS ENGINEER
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 72628BR
Date posted 09/10/2018
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing process requirements for Rockford Engine Systems assembly, test, paint, and inspection processes.
- Define and Design tooling, fixtures, and programming used in the manufacturing process.
- Identify and implement advanced manufacturing solutions through automation and improved processes, tools, and technology for pump, gearbox, and starter production.
- Collaborate with Design and Operations to implement automation and advanced manufacturing processes on new program wins. • Develop concepts and requirements for new equipment, research potential suppliers or integrators.
- Communicate project status and activities through reports, presentations, and reviews with senior leadership.
- Utilize Lean tools and support ACE operating system
4 years minimum relevant experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Automation & Robotics
- 1 year minimum Project Management skills; ability to handle multiple projects
- Statistical Process Control
- Strong interpersonal skills; experienced in a team environment
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or related discipline
- Master’s Degree preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.