- Lead the process design effort on capital projects generally in the range of $1MM up to $50MM
- Develop innovative solutions to improve the safety, efficiency, or expand the capacity of an existing process or lead the process design effort for new product introductions
- Provide front end process designs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, pressure relief calculation and other process data necessary to enable detailed project design
- Provide innovative and cost-effective design solutions through networking and optimal use of internal and external resources and vendors
- Lead operations and project management coordination for early phase work to ensure schedule and priorities are met for the assigned unit
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical engineering
- 5-10+ years of relevant process design or production experience desired
- Proficient with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing
- Excellent knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process design and capability to deliver challenging process design scopes for major capital projects
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead the front-end development of complex engineering projects through a broad understanding of chemical process technology, design and stage-gate project development methodologies
- Experience with pressure relief valve sizing, is advantageous
- Proficiency with process design tools such as Aspen Plus and HYSYS, is advantageous
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.