Moulding Process Engineer
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
- Product and Process Development through timely tool trials and material trials.
- Assist with New Product Development and tooling.
- Specification of new plant and equipment
- Process Optimisations
- Identify and implement Improvements to current methods and systems
- Trouble shooting and problem analysis
- Contribute to projects and related tasks as required
- Programming of Sepro and Wittman pick and place robots.
- Creation and maintenance of manufacturing documentation, eg setting sheets, Standard Operating Sheets, setting guides, etc.
- Provide support to mould shop Technicians and setters.
- Ability to discuss technical requirements with external tool makers.
- Minimum HNC Production Engineering / Polymer Engineering.
- Industrial experience in an injection moulding environment.
- Experience of thermoplastic polymers in particular engineering thermoplastic polymers
- Engineering change process
- Generation & execution of test plans and design of experiment techniques
- Sound knowledge of quality standards ISO 9001 and ISO14001
- Problem solving attributes.
- Knowledge of 6 sigma, SMED, Lean and Kaizan.
- Worked with Demag and Arburg Injection Mould machines.
- Good communication skills at all levels and a demonstrable ability to work as part of a team planning and executing project programmes.
- An ability to determine priorities and deliver results to agreed time plans.
- Must be innovative and proactive for fast resolution of manufacturing challenges with limited supervision and a can-do, hands on attitude.
- Good problem solving techniques
- Ability to use own initiative