Senior Development Chemist
For Us, It's a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
• Daily reporting of results to TD Lab Supervisor
• Review of analytical data to ensure quality and compliance with defined procedures and trend data.
• To co-ordinate and perform laboratory investigations and completion of reports within the required timelines.
• Preparation and review of reports and protocols within the TD department.
• To highlight to the supervisor/manager any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformance’s in testing or work practice which may impact on achieving project deadlines or customer delivery.
• Maintain the testing schedules for the team to meet dispatch and deadline requirements and to ensure T-cards are created and samples are available for testing in accordance with the Sample Management Procedure.
• Provide technical support and mentoring to analysts.
• Identify necessary actions from review of own work or others and completed without supervision but with direction on priorities and timelines
• Demonstrate techncial leadership in a number of relevant fields.
• Interact with external groups / departments for work programmes / projects and bring to conclusion.
• Maintain knowledge of all current relevent regulatory and technical standards
• Complete presentations on projects, technical issues and achievements for stakeholders.
• Positively impact other departments and especially QC with technical knowledge learned.
• Understand and be able to coordinate the impact of required changes due to analytical issues with other stakeholders / departments.
• Responsible for supervising the handling and storage of Controlled Drugs in accordance with relevant procedures, ensuring product security and reconciliation as per SOP
• Adherence to and Maintenance of the quality systems in the laboratory
• Generation and close-out of analytical investigation reports, CAPA's, deviation reports and or change controls as required.
• To maintain good housekeeping and hygiene within the laboratory.
• Support the implementation of the Operational Excellence Programme on the site by identifying and implementing improvements.
• To act as change agents by gaining support for and driving sustainable improvements to ways of work.
• To adhere to all company and legislative health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Conducting analyst training and contribute to performance reviews.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Technical Development Management
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
• Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) or related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a GMP regulated Laboratory
• Experience in method development, transfer, verification & validation
• Must be a clear communicator and able to make clear reasoned decisions under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
• Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to think logically and be proactive.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner
• Flexible and self-motivated
If you want to be a part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.