Senior Process Engineer
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer and this position will involve the following:
To provide a Process Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximise the availability of Plant and Process Equipment. To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering and Finance.
- Key role in design, install, debugging and start-up of new process area in plant expansion.
- Lead qualification of new process systems, tank farm and equipment per qualification master plan.
- Plan, schedule and co-ordinate implementation of Process Engineering projects as required.
- Ensure correct preventative maintenance plans are in place for new facility and equipment.
- Troubleshooting, testing/debugging and preventive/demand maintenance of Facility/Utility Systems. Ensure all critical PMs are completed as per schedule.
- Resolve technical issues in an effective & timely manner to support operations.
- Ensuring equipment/systems meets the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Have a detailed understanding of all process systems, water system and utilities to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Manage and coordinate external contractors as required from supplier agreements.
- Generate the required documentation to approve exception reports and CAPA plans.
- Communicate effectively with plant management, corporate and division engineering.
- Establish with team leader / manager the department goals.
- Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- Works independently or Individual Contributor.
- The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Third level qualification in Engineering or related discipline will provide a good background for this job function.
- The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Experience in an engineering environment in a related industry for at least three years will provide a good background for this job function.