When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
This candidate will utilize their experience and talents to provide engineering support for manufacturing processes including:
Metal Joining Processes
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Torch and Induction Brazing
- Mechanical Soldering
- Helium Leak Testing
- Surface Mount Pick and Place
- Reflow Ovens
- Wave Solder Machines
- Circuit Card Conformal Coatings
- Paint and Primer Application
- Paint Gun Cleaners
- ANSI Z540.3
- ISO 10012
- This person will have to review different processes and improve them using his/her Process Improvement Tool kit.
- Research new technology and eliminate waste from the process
- Works independently to perform activities related to planning and designing manufacturing processes and specification requirements to ensure full utilization of manufacturing equipment.
- Designs and plans the layout of assembly and materials handling operations.
- Analyses machinery and equipment designs to ensure factory and production conditions are met.
- Coordinates and implements operations sequencing and specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the fabrication of tools and equipment.
- Helps to support existing product line design activities and/or operational process modifications to help enhance products and processes and ensure that current and future needs are met.
- Provides technical leadership and helps train lower level staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities
- Qualification: Preferred Qualification
- Six Sigma Belt
- Aerospace experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Basic Qualifications
- BS Chemical or Materials Engineering
- Must have experience in 3 of the following Processes: Metal Joining, Electronic Assembly, Chemical or Calibration.
- 3 plus years of experience as a Chemical or Materials Engineer
- 3 years of experience working with process improvement tools
- MS Office Suite experience
- Excellent communication / presentation skills, Comfortable working directly with wage labor and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated success in working across functions, organizations, and all levels of management
- Achieving results through other team members and suppliers. Drive for action and quality focused.
- Must be a highly motivated, proactive, self-directed worker
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.