10 Dec, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Minerals & Mining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile; Lima, Peru; and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wood currently has a senior leadership opportunity for a Principal Process Engineer (Metallurgy/Mineral Processing) in our Vancouver office, although location is flexible. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, Canada, this position has responsibility for executing technical consulting studies and mining projects through the project development life cycle. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing metallurgical and process engineering expertise in gold and/or base metals operations and engineering organisations.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical execution skills related to extractive metallurgy and mineral process engineering to the global mining consulting group
- Ability to secure consulting work for the Vancouver office by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Supporting continuous development of company cost and design databases
- Scope definition, budget and proposal preparation for metallurgical and process consulting projects.
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on multi-disciplinary studies and projects including as metallurgical and mineral processing lead on consulting studies and mining projects
- Act as senior peer review on consulting studies and execution projects performed by others
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Managing interactions between consulting, engineering and client teams
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in extractive metallurgy, mineral processing or chemical engineering
- Professional Engineering membership in the province of British Columbia or other Canadian jurisdiction
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience of combined mining industry experience in gold/base metals operations and engineering consulting industry
- Qualified person (QP) for mineral processing studies
- Familiarity with metallurgical processing software such as Metsim, JKSimMet and the like
- Ability to interpret metallurgical testwork, operational data, size and specify mineral processing plant equipment for gold and base metals flowsheets
- Capable of utilizing industry knowledge to develop mineral processing plant designs and production plans
- Knowledge of industry standards such as JORC, CIM or SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Strong network with mining clients in Canada is considered a strong asset
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Email this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.