Senior /Principal Refinery Consultant
Our client is an expert services and software company supporting the Energy and Refining industries. A pioneer in the development and use of simulation models and cloud technologies, the business offers dedicated refinery process specialists room to grow. Operational experts in refinery consulting, the business’s technical teams develop solutions that positively impact the profitability, safety and environmental performance of our international clients through technological changes and operational efficiencies.
Working as part of a team in our client’s process consulting business line, typical projects include profit Improvement programs (PIP), strategic analysis, operational excellence, process trouble shooting and plant optimization. This role requires expert level understanding of general refinery process operations. Detailed knowledge of other specialist areas within hydroprocessing or conversion, such as delayed coking, alkylation, reforming, fluidized catalytic cracking, lubes etc., would be highly advantageous. Experience of using simulation tools such as HYSYS, Aspen Plus and possibly PIMS would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required, mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel).
Our client is looking for:
- Refinery-wide experience of refinery operations, technical support and economics is essential
- Significant expertise in analysing, investigating and resolving major process related refinery production issues
- Previous direct day-to-day operational / lead process engineering responsibilities on medium to large scale international projects
- The ability to lead and manage significant FEED studies for expansions/revamps and greenfield assignments (at Principal level)
- BEng / MEng in chemical / process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral)
- Ability to lead teams and provide supervision to others
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards clients and colleagues and as an ambassador of our clients company
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment : email@example.com or alternatively call for an initial telephone discussion on 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business