Upstream Insurance Risk Engineer
Our client is a prestigious, independent player in the global Insurance market. Its interests and expertise covers a range of challenging, high hazard sectors including shipping, aviation, power, construction, energy and mass transport and refining /petrochemicals. The organisation’s services extend from underwriting and technical support to claims assistance and reinsurance advice. The business boasts 7 International offices.
The organisation is currently looking to recruit an additional experienced engineer into its successful upstream energy group.
Likely to be a chemical or mechanical engineer and probably chartered, the job holder will undertake a full range of duties including undertaking physical /condition/ integrity surveys, the review of operational and maintenance practice and procedures, assessing client Insurance specifications and requirements, investigate claims and losses, performing desk top risk assessments and producing clear, lucid reports for underwriters clients and advisors.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Degree in an engineering discipline (most favourably a Chemical Engineer)
- Chartered engineer (MIMechE/MIChemE)
- Has worked for a major oil company
- Strong knowledge and experience of hydrocarbon processes – essential
- Experience in production or processing of oil and gas in an operational, technical support or maintenance role
- Offshore/upstream experience (70% of role)
- Ideally some onshore/downstream knowledge (30% of role) – less essential, but desirable.
- The ability to communicate effectively/persuasively and write coherent reports.
- Familiarity with upstream oil and gas technology
- Comfortable with 80 days International travel a year
- Understanding and experience of risk engineering in Insurance – what adds value?
- Preferably some Insurance Industry knowledge and experience
Our client is looking for engineers with a strong and substantial career to date in hydrocarbons operations and production and is not looking for engineers with a design or projects background at this stage. Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward a CV and a brief covering letter to:
Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential conversation.
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment agency and employment business
Apply for Upstream Insurance Risk Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly