Refinery Technical Services Execution Lead /Manager
When you become part of our international client’s team, the opportunities are endless. They are a leading global engineering, construction, and services company with a technology arm specializing in developing, licensing and servicing energy-efficient and cost-effective process technologies that provide economic and technical advantages to global refinery and petrochemical companies. With thousands of successful projects worldwide, the business combines its technology expertise with full engineering, procurement, construction and on-going plant technical services to help clients maximize the value of their assets. Our client offers a breadth of technology licenses, proprietary process equipment and plant technical services for Refining, Olefins, Ammonia/Fertilizer/Synthesis Gas, Coal Gasification and Organic Chemicals. Serving their customers through diverse business segments, they offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects.
The Refinery Technical Services Execution Managers role resides within the Global Plant Technical Services Business of Technology and based Surrey. This person will be a primary point of contact for delivery of technology related services for refining clients located in Europe and Russia/CIS region that employ our client’s Proprietary Refining Technologies. The business’s refining technology portfolio includes Fluid Catalytic Cracking, upgrading technologies and Solid Acid Alkylation amongst other applications. The appointee will also support the needs of Technology’s other regional refining technical services teams, as needed. The overall responsibilities include leading Technology Services business development and executing services to refining clients in alignment with regional business growth plans. This person will need to maintain strong client relationships within the customers' organization in order to create a trusted advisor status for the Technology business in helping its licensees achieve safe, reliable and profitable top-tier plant operations by positioning itself as a preferred single-stop supplier of comprehensive Plant Technical Services.
The roles, responsibilities, qualifications and experience for this position are as follows:
Roles & Responsibilities: Home Office
- Comply with all safety and security requirements.
- Strategize and execute client relationship management in order to explore business opportunities with targeted clients in the assigned region, who operate in refining industry sector
- Deliver business revenue/profit targets for technical services for the assigned region
- Effective management of interfaces with Sales, Refining Technology PSL, Engineering & Project Operations, Proprietary Equipment (PEQ), Catalysts and Automation & Process Technology (APT) teams to develop innovative solution and tailored services to meet client’s needs
- Set up clients data base that captures key aspects of all client interactions including lessons learned from delivery of services
- Continuously improve client engagement models and work processes through leveraging lessons learned from services delivery in order to maximize client value, customer satisfaction and profit margins
- Proactively undertake historical services data analysis to identify potential clients as well as help expanding the portfolio of services offerings
- Prepare comprehensive weekly status reports covering client site visits and associated services delivery
- Support Training Services Team in developing technical content for plant operations training courses
- Proactively create customer success/value creation stories which can be used as references to support the process of acquiring future clients for the continued growth of Technology Services Business
Roles & Responsibilities: Client Site
- Comply with all the site safety and security requirements.
- Execute client relationship management and position the business as the trusted advisor for client for all their plant engineering, operating process optimization, catalyst services, operator training and other plant services related requirements
- Gather client/market intelligence.
- Plan and carry out Plant Optimization and Diagnostic Assessment (PODA) events at client sites to gather information pertaining to key issues and challenges that impact plant performance and explore measures to enhance overall operating performance while pursuing business opportunities for delivery of further services.
- Insure efficient and timely delivery of innovative solutions and tailored services to address client’s plant operations and maintenance needs with the support of other internal teams including Refining Technology PSL, Catalysts, Engineering and APT.
- Effectively communicate with client multi-disciplinary groups to facilitate understanding of client operations/ problems including helping clients to measure and improve their plant performance on KPIs
- Periodically provide plant operations advisory services leveraging remote plant performance monitoring solution highlighting areas requiring operations/ maintenance attention
- Provide site walkthrough, site inspection, start-up assistance of plants and equipment, for licensees. Conduct performance Guarantee Test runs (PGTR) and carry out trouble shooting to resolve operational issues.
- Participation in HAZOP review of licensed refining technologies.
- Participate in the delivery of plant operations training courses on behalf of the Technology Training Services Team, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelors or Masters of Engineering degree specializing in Chemical Engineering awarded by a recognizable University.
- Overall 20+ years’ experience in operating and providing plant engineering related services for world scale refining facilities.
- Proven client engagement and services delivery experience for process technology services, engineering services, equipment and/or automation etc. highly preferred.
- Experience specifying technical service offerings and/or process engineering services required
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills; written, verbal and presentation skills
- Need to have a flare for developing client relations with a pro-active attitude to go the extra mile to deliver quality client services in a timely manner
- International work experience or part of the work experience outside one’s home country preferred (but not essential).
- Willing to travel domestic and international, 80% – 100% as needed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer software products required and experience with process simulation tools, process data historian preferred.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment.
E mail: email@example.com
Call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion.