POWER RISK Engineer
£65 to £120,000
Our client is one the world leaders in international Insurance provision to the high risk /high hazard sectors including energy, chemicals, and marine, mass transport and power. The business is represented in over 50 countries globally and has a thriving and long-established office in London from where it supports EMEA The team is growing in response to local demand and a further power specialist with significant experience of conventional and, ideally, renewable power generation operations and engineering is now sought.
- Conduct risk assessment surveys for insurance purposes of client facilities
- Prepare reports to support submissions
- Prepare Estimated Maximum Loss calculations including property damage, business interruption, machinery breakdown and liability
- Provide clients with risk improvement advice
- Provide technical support and advice to clients, brokers, and carriers.
- Conduct design phase risk reviews
- Prepare construction underwriting reports
- Liaise with other power engineers within our client globally, and drive the development of industry leading technical procedures specifically for the power sector
- Participate in sales presentations to prospects
- Identify opportunities for further business development
- Liaise with insurance and client engineers in the sector and establish and maintain our client’s reputation in the insurance market.
- Essential Requirements:
- A good degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Significant practical experience in the power generation sector either in operations, maintenance or engineering including substantial exposure to gas turbines and possibly CCGT plant. Insight into the maintenance and failure characteristics of different gas turbines models and brands would be very welcome.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to produce written reports within deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels in an organisation
- Good presentational skills
- Ability to manage own time and deadlines
- A willingness to travel up to 80 days per year
- Preferred Requirements
- Experience in both the renewables and conventional sectors
- A second language
- Experience working in different countries
- BOSIET or HUET certificate
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward a Word version for their CV to:
Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail email@example.com
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment business and employment agency