Chemical Engineer (Ref: J28)
Johnson Matthey PLC is a world leader in advanced materials and catalyst technology with over 13,000 employees worldwide. The Technology Centre, based at Sonning Common, undertakes research work for the group.
An opportunity has arisen within the Recycling and Separation Technologies research group at the Technology Centre for a Chemical Engineer to work on processes for recycling precious metals.
The role will involve the design, installation and operation of process demonstration equipment to validate novel PGM separations processes. Additionally, there will be the need to develop process models for PGM recycling operations to enable cost-benefit analysis against cross industry benchmarks. The role is within an established research and development team and involves extensive collaboration with R&D teams locally and with project partners across the EU.
- Propose, design, install and operate lab-scale demonstration equipment
- Adhere to the highest levels of EHS standards
- Coordinate and run trials involving internal and external team members
- Identify and quantify benefits of process changes in terms of business operational indicators
- Line-manage 1-2 direct reports and manage project partners
- Report results internally and externally.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior involvement in hands-on demonstration and scale-up of chemical processes
- Experience with metal recycling industry and /or technologies
- Ability to plan and execute projects to meet pre-set milestones and deliverables
- Familiarity with running a project funded by a government or other external funding body
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other scientists across disciplines
- The drive to demonstrate sustainable next-generation recycling technologies.
We offer a competitive package including, amongst other benefits, a company pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, medical benefits and after a qualifying period, a share incentive plan. All employees are encouraged to further their personal development through training and education by the Company.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 21 July 2018
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.