Chemical Engineer (Ref: J26)
Johnson Matthey PLC is a world leader in advanced materials and catalyst technology with over 13,000 employees worldwide. The Technology Centre, based at Sonning Common, undertakes research work for the group.
A new opportunity has arisen within the Recycling and Separation Technologies research group at the Technology Centre for a process modeller to work on metal recycling and recovery processing.
The role will involve the development of process models for recycling operations to enable whole flowsheet optimisation and cost-benefit analysis for research projects. The role is within an established research and development team and involves extensive collaboration with R&D teams locally and with project partners across the UK.
- Build bespoke models of recycling unit operations within process modelling software
- Integrate bespoke models into whole process flowsheets and develop mass and volume balances
- Propose concept design for new process technologies based on scale-up of lab results
- Identify and quantify benefits of process changes in terms of business operational indicators
- Adhering to the highest levels of EHS standards
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in process modelling using bespoke software (>1-year experience with e.g. gPROMS or Aspen)
- Experience with metal recycling industry and /or technologies
- Ability to plan and execute own work to deliver project goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with other scientists both inside and outside of JM.
We offer a competitive package including, amongst other benefits, a company pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, medical benefits and after a qualifying period, a share incentive plan. All employees are encouraged to further their personal development through training and education by the Company.
How to apply:
Internal candidates should advise their line manager before applying. If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 17 July 2018
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.