Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Experienced engineer position performing routine engineering functions on assigned projects or sub-projects of a general nature and limited scope by applying standard mathematical, physical science, and/or engineering technologies. Completes assignments with detailed instructions.
Summary of Duties:
- Assists in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions.
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime.
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
- Defines and acquires tooling, gauging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality.
- Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues.
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identifiable
- Ability to travel up to 10%
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent (e.g., Materials; Metallurgical; Manufacturing) from an ABET accredited institution, or BS in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science.
- Minimum two years of applied experience in progressively challenging engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Engineers with five (5) or more years of experience preferred; engineers with extensive experience may be considered for the senior level
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience connecting design to manufacturing, driving consistency, reliability and producibility
- Interest in and willingness to undertake variety of engineering assignments (e.g., product, process, leadership) through the course of career
- Experience managing interface with vendors; acquisition of COTS materials, components and devices
- Experience coaching and mentoring early in career and/or peer technical employees
- Continued Professional Development