Customer & Network Services Manager
Guernsey Gas is the sole supplier of mains LPG/Air gas to approximately 9,000 customers. The Customer & Network Services (C&NS) team is responsible for the safe delivery of all gas production, distribution and customer facing operational processes and activities to agreed standards of service and service level agreements.
A key objective is to improve the safety and efficiency of the gas supply and distribution through the introduction of improved processes and technology along with the introduction of the most up-to-date and efficient gas systems and appliances available in the market.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to take up the position of Manager responsible for all operational teams and the safe operation of all assets.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the minimum of Associate Membership but preferably Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body (IGEM, IMECHE, ICE) and have Health & Safety IOSH or preferably NEBOSH qualification;
• Have 5 years Management experience in a gas or similar industry environment;
• Have good knowledge of construction, operation, storage and maintenance of gas or process plant and equipment;
• Have knowledge and experience of COMAH sites and its legislation;
• Have extensive technical and operational knowledge relevant to LPG operations;
• Have an understanding of day to day financial and performance information and how it is applied within business;
• Demonstrate compliance and understanding of all relevant legislation including Technical / Engineering standards and Codes of Practice along with related Health & Safety legislation.
• Manage the safe operation and maintenance of LPG plant, distribution networks and equipment; Manage the delivery of customer expectations with regard to domestic appliances and commercial systems/plant;
• Manage the safe, quality, on-time and efficient delivery of operational and emergency work in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures and standards of service;
• Manage designated Engineering Officers and other resources;
• Monitor, analyse and produce management information to ensure delivery of agreed objectives;
• Ensure compliance with specific legislation;
• Ensure a safe continuous gas supply for our customers;
• Participate in an emergency stand-by rota.
To apply or for further details email:
Ann Cox at email@example.com or apply by post to Guernsey Gas Ltd, The Energy Centre, Admiral Park, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3BZ.