Ozone Process Engineer
The overall role of the position of Clean, Waste Water and Industrial Process Engineer working within Xylem Water Solutions Treatment Department and providing process design activities on Xylems portfolio of water treatment processes and products with an emphisis on Ozone treatment.
- Perform engineering activities associated with process and process commissioning of all Ozone systems and processes in accordance with customer, industry and Xylem specifications and best engineering practice.
- Initially the role would be to deliver process engineering support associated with the Wedeco Ozone brand but would also include Sanitaire aeration brands and Flygt mixers when available
- Specify requirements for design of process equipment for Ozone plants including generation of Ozone and application into the process.
- Preparation and review of Wedeco Ozone designs associated with municipal and industrial applications utilising the full portfolio of products
- To have knowledge of interface requirements between the Ozone Treatment process and intergration into the other aspects of drinking water treatment.
- Preparation of P&ID, PFD, hydraulic profile, material & energy balances & flow sheets
- On site Ozone demand & decay tests to enable correct design of Ozone plants.
- Analysis of the sampling results produced by laboratory staff and preparation of report including any recommendations to clients
- Process commissioning on site, testing & performance testing.
- Process investigations and trouble shooting of Ozone process plants
- Plan process design activities in conjunction with the project team to achieve project completion dates.
- Whilst not essential it would be desirable to have a good working knowledge of processes such as Lamella Clarifiers; DAF; Sand/GAC Filtration; Ozone destruction; UV disinfection; UF Microfiltration; RO filtration
- To undertake Mass Balance calculations and all other calculations required to complete the Process design of a complex Water treatment process
- Acting as the Project Department Process engineer utisling core experience of process engineering combined with knowledge gained through on the job training and formal training on Ozone process engineering
- Work as part of a multi disciplined team to secure small, medium and large package projects covering the company’s core portfolio of products and other ancillary items of equipment or scope of supply
- Responsible for the achievement of annual CPG goals
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined that may be required in order to develop the business
To assist in career development this position may be requested to transfer for a period of time to an equivalent graded post within Xylem.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to Degree level in Wastewater & Water process Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering/Science discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the use of Advanced Oxydation Process (AOP) to enhance the treatment goals from the Oxidation process.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes and equipment and a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience of process plant
- Wastewater system design and/or clean water system design, designing and selling Ozone systems. Leopold Products, Flygt pumping and mixing products miscellaneous equipment sourcing e.g. airmain, blower selection, sludge handling equipment etc would also be an advantage.
- Experience in operating within a contractual commercial environment in terms of conditions of contract such as IChemE, NEC etc
- Organised team worker, speed and attention to detail and a good ‘completer finisher’
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and assess priorities, very good communication skills; commitment to meeting deadlines giving high levels of customer service
- Willing to work additional hours to ensure a task is completed on time.
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms to the company’s QA Procedures at all times. Carry out other duties to assist others as and when required, such that the Company operates in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Carry out any such other duties as may be required to assist the Treatment Dept. as a whole to achieve its operational objectives.
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company
- The authorization of supplier Invoices (Octopus)
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the customer needs.
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.
- To work closely with all other Departments to ensure the Company’s targests and budgets are achieved
- To work closely with all other Departments to enhance the Company’s standing in the market place.
- All Xylem customers requiring Site, Workshop or Treatment product support.
- Other Xylem Companies requiring support within the UK.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant product, associated spares and market knowledge would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to resolve technical/commercial disputes to the mutual satisfaction of all involved parties
- Provide customers with a level of service that exceeds that available from our competition – providing all customers with a premier service at all times.
- Focus on reaching financial targets whilst delivering an exceptional level of service to our customers
- A good telephone manner portraying confidence and commitment, ensuring customers are treated with teh utmost courtesy at all times
- The confidence to commit to actions with the customer and the drive to deliver on those commitments
- An ability to remain positive and motivated in an extremly busy and high pressured business environement