Senior simulation /modelling software support engineer.
Our client is an expert services and software company supporting the energy,oil refining and petrochemical industries. A pioneer in the development and use of simulation models and cloud technologies, the business offers process specialists room to grow. Operational experts in consulting, our client develop solutions that positively impact the profitability, safety and environmental performance of their international refining and energy company customers through technological changes and operational efficiencies. In addition to bespoke technical advisory services, our client also owns and develops a market leading suite of proprietary software packages. As a Senior Engineer within Software Support, Training and Implementation, you will combine your engineering knowledge and troubleshooting skills to provide technical expertise in business development activities with potential customers and to assist clients and internal users in the use of our client’s simulation software suite of products. These include steady state and dynamic process simulators for downstream plant real- time manufacturing and process optimisation, flow assurance software that provides PVT fluid and deposition characterisation, flare system and prediction software and steady state pipeline network simulation that integrates up and downstream, topsides and subsea field flow.
The post holder will be responsible for:
* The management of the day to day workload of the Software Support desk in Europe
* Ensure the software and helpdesk support are delivered in a timeline fashion to the highest quality and that client satisfaction is guaranteed
* Work alongside the Regional Software Support Lead in Europe to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients ensuring their modelling needs are met and to grow the Software business upstream and downstream in Europe, Russia and Middle East. The post holder will be required to work as part of a team- both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have willingness to travel as and when required – mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel) approximately 20- 30% of the time.
*Client Relationship Management: main support contact for internal and external clients Helpdesk support via email, phone and in person. Ensuring client’s needs and expectations are met with respect to software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist or sales.
*Client liaison: discussion of technical aspects of work. Sales and marketing support, conduct demonstrations of the software and answer technical questions as part of the sales process , monitor software trials with potential customers, Identify/ communicate/ follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities. Provide support to marketing events and represent company at industry conferences and present papers
* Project Related: analyse data, execute and review process calculations, perform process simulations including model calibration, Implement simulation solutions at client sites, deliver monitoring systems and operational models; serve as technology/ simulation specialist in consulting projects; prepare materials for and conduct training sessions on the software both internally and for clients; promote down and upstream simulation within hosting presentations and information sessions
* Development: contribute to R&D tasks when needed; participate in software testing and provide feedback; assist with documentation and demo case development; Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions
* Technical support: assist clients and internal consultant staff in using the product, troubleshooting problems, assisting in model setup, and assisting with installation and licensing.
* BS or MSc degree or equivalent in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering
* Previous experience in a similar role and able to demonstrate skill set Senior Software Support Engineer
* Dynamic and static simulation experience
*Knowledge of upstream processes and/ or refining processes with experience in modelling, with operational experience an advantage
*Familiar with and able to use standard simulation and flow assurances packages
. * Ability to lead /manage a complex workload and a team of professional engineers.
* Previous experience of working in a client facing role and proactively managing client relationships
*Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to Mark Stracey Recruitment at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E – mail email@example.com or call 01303 812433 for an initial confidential discussion.