Staff Process Design Lead / Manager
Chemical Process Consulting & Contracting
Our client is a highly successful independent process engineering consultancy and contractor serving the chemical, fine chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Growing year on year, its success is based upon strong partnerships with clients (many of them “blue Chip”), in the UK and Europe that continue to thrive after decades of association.
Process and technology driven, our client offers a comprehensive range of process engineering design services and experience with integrated support for process safety, project and construction management and electrical, controls and Instrumentation. Most of our client’s team are chartered chemical engineers who excel on challenging projects that require genuine in-depth technical expertise and practical knowledge around all of the core unit operations and in particular reaction ,evaporation, distillation, filtration, mixing/blending and drying.
The role requires an experienced senior /lead/ managing process engineer capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly the batchwise and continuous chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. The ideal candidate will also have proven project / team leadership experience and significant experience with chemical engineering software design packages (e.g. ASPEN, PEL), and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas.
- Process Team Leadership
- Ensure the efficient running of all aspects of the process team within the overall policies and objectives laid down by the company.
- To assist with the planning of the resource requirements within the process team.
- To monitor the performance of process staff and to conduct process team staff assessments.
- Participate in the development of process staff.
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff to the process team.
- Project Delivery
- Lead the process team on assigned projects.
- Liaise with Project Managers and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the process aspects of projects. This includes the provision of adequate information for planning, cost control and equipment costing.
- Responsible for all technical matters associated with the process design, and to ensure that the process designs conform to any mandatory standards, local legislation and project requirements.
- Generate / check / approve process design models, documents, drawings and reports.
- Ensure that the process design and subsequent detailed engineering do not jeopardise the plant safety or performance.
- Advise Project Managers of all technical risks inherent in a plant design and assist in the evaluation of these risks through to successful conclusion.
- Continuous Improvement
- Assist in establishing operating policies and objectives directed towards ensuring profitable operations, growth of business and the enhancement of the process team’s competence and performance.
- Identify those procedures, practices and standards required by the process team to efficiently carry out its work, and co-ordinate preparation of such.
- Identify areas of process development which are likely to benefit the company.
- Business Development
- Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and/or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and man-hour estimates to comply with tender requirements
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV and a brief covering letter to Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. Please e mail email@example.com or alternatively call for a free initial discussion on 01303 812433
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both and employment agency and an employment business
- Chemical Engineering degree recognised by the IChemE.
- A working knowledge of process safety related regulations and methodologies
- Hands on operating experience through a commissioning or similar role.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- UK Driving License.
More searches like this
- Chartered Engineer Instrumentation & Process Control jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer Instrumentation & Process Control jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Engineer Instrumentation & Process Control jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Lead Engineer Instrumentation & Process Control jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Process Engineer Instrumentation & Process Control jobs in Chartered Chemical Engineer