Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
ROLE PURPOSE/ACCOUNTABILITIES – Perform Engineering studies, process design, project management, and production support. Design and start-up new facilities, modify and replace existing equipment and troubleshoot systems to improve throughput, efficiencies, quality, safety, environmental performance, reliability and costs at the Greens Bayou site in Houston, TX.
- Must have prior design of process equipment and operations support experience.
- Experience in and data driven use of PI, Aspen/ Hysis, Op ex, 5 Why, computer process design experience is a plus.
- Ability to contribute both a team member and a team leader.
- Knowledge and training in plant processes and procedures to promote reliability, throughput improvement and excellent HSE performance is preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical tools to improve plant performance e.g. Six Sigma, lean tools would be preferable.
- Ability to define, estimate and deliver project scope, detailed design and commissioning.
- Ability to program the DCS and allied systems, and tune control loops preferred
- Ability to handle complex processes and chemistry applications.
- Excellent problem-solving experience required.
- This position requires minimum of an accredited B. S. (BEng) Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Candidates should have at least 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated capabilities in process safety management, production support, process design and commissioning/start-up support.
- Development of Process Improvement scope definition packages and proposals is necessary.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS AND KEY CHALLENGES
Learn details of the Unit operations and the Project Process and other engineering procedures.
Develop successful interfaces with the internal customers.
Be active contributing team member.
Develop and deliver significant improvements to plant reliability, throughput and excellent HSE performance.
Travel Requirements – Less than 5%
All applicants must be eligible to work permanently in the US. (Greencard or Citizenship).
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Houston