Summer Intern 2018--Chemical Engineer
Seeking Chemical Engineering students to fill Internship roles at our Longview, TX plant
*All resumes must include available contact information: phone number, address, email address and one’s major, GPA, and projected graduation date.
Westlake Chemical is an international manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals and building products that enhance the daily lives of people around the planet. The tires we ride on, the plastic wrap that keeps our meats and produce fresh, the pipes that are essential to ensuring clean water, the frames that secure our windows and doors, Westlake plays a vital role in supplying the building blocks for these products and many more.
We take great pride in the development and offerings included in our internship program. The Internship is designed to provide the engineering student a real-life work experience and training in the day-to-day activities of plant manufacturing. Our Internships are a part of our Company College Recruiting strategy to attract and retain qualified, high-performing talent for our early career opportunities within our plant locations.
- Must have completed second year of college.
- Must be majoring in Chemical Engineering
- Must have a 2.8 or higher GPA.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on assigned projects with the close supervision of mentor/supervisor
- Observe activities of the assigned department/unit
- Assist mentor/supervisor in day-to-day tasks
- Actively participate in Complex safety/environmental programs
- Maintain Intern work/activity journal
- Presentation to management team
Other locations include:
- Plaquemine, LA
- Lake Charles, LA
- Geismar, LA
- Calvert City, KY
- Natrium, WVA
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.