Senior Process Development Chemist / Engineer
Vacancy: Senior Process Development Chemist / Engineer
The Life Science Technologies (LST) business unit of Johnson Matthey’s New Market Sector focuses on serving the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and fine chemical markets. Technologies include heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis as well as biocatalysis.
LST is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Development Chemist/Engineer to join our team in Cambridge. This is an exciting new lab installation, it will be essential to work initially with EHS and technical management to develop a batch record system and standard operating procedures for the operation of the Kg Lab.
- The successful candidate will take direct responsibility for installing, commissioning, managing and running a Kg Lab facility (10-100L reactors)
- hands-on development of new and existing manufacturing processes to Kg scale in very close collaboration with the Chemocatalysis Development Team and the commercial manufacturing of small volume, high value organometallic products
- independently carry out assays by NMR and HPLC
- involvement on development projects, tech-transfer (internal or external) to larger scale operations
- Ensure quality, and legal requirements during the operation of the Kg Lab
- The ability to work well in a team environment and to openly discuss and share operational experience with the existing development team will be key to success.
- Adhering to JM standards and compliance with EHS
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrable industrial experience in Kg Lab or pilot plant.
- B.S./M.S. ChE or M.S./PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Experience in complex organic synthesis and handling of air sensitive compounds on Kg scale.
- Highly motivated, safety oriented, self-driven individual to plan and execute laboratory work to meet deadlines, working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and laboratory housekeeping skills.