Senior / Principal process engineer
Is it possible to overstate the importance of clean water? Our process engineers work minor miracles in response to some of the world's greatest challenges. They ensure that our water supply is safe to drink; that sewage is made safe for re-use; and that industry can function with the minimum impact to the environment.
Our Cambridge-based team recently helped to deliver a £150 million upgrade to the Davyhulme Wastewater Treatment Works, which provides sewage treatment to over one million users in the North West of England. We are also engaged on a wide variety of other projects, large and small, so whether you want to work your own miracles on a minor or a major scale, we have a place for you!
You will lead the delivery of a diverse range of water and wastewater projects in the domestic and industrial water sectors, both in the UK and internationally, and act as a trusted advisor to clients across a diverse range of markets.
One key focus of this role will be to provide process leadership on detailed designs for wastewater effluent and sludge treatment. You will represent the company in technical meetings with our clients, and supervise the work of more junior staff, providing technical and professional guidance to assist their development. You will be based in our Cambridge Office with occasional travel in the UK and internationally.
- Relevant degree, ideally in chemical engineering
- Chartered with an appropriate engineering/scientific institution (eg: IChemE, CIWEM)
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of water/wastewater treatment processes and odour/sludge management
- Demonstrates continuous learning and keeping on top of innovation and developments in wastewater and sludge treatment technologies
- Client-facing, with a good understanding of client needs and drivers
- Track-record in business development in industrial and domestic water markets would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to ensure an inclusive culture.