Senior Project Engineer
Are you an innovative individual who is able to influence others whilst having the resilience to pursue issues to a satisfactory conclusion without excessive guidance? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to develop and/or deliver Capital & SR projects to increase site capabilities and improve process efficiencies within the Tullamore/Girvan/Dufftown sites.
The largest grain distillery in Scotland, and a true powerhouse, not just in terms of spirit volume, but in terms of innovative energy generation and cutting-edge new technology projects, our Girvan Distillery is found in the tranquil setting of a picturesque seaside town, just 50 miles from Glasgow. The 750-acre site contains our own cooperage, energy centre and an anaerobic reactor plant. And our state-of-the-art laboratory spearheads the Company’s innovative programme of new product development.
As a vital member of the team, you will be involved in a variety of key tasks, which include:
- Assist the Projects Director/Head of Engineering in developing the five year capital plan by identifying appropriate process or equipment improvement opportunities and drive delivery of sanctioned activity.
- Lead multi-discipline engineering design development and/or delivery covering process, chemical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation disciplines.
- Lead design development and/or delivery teams to ensure that WGSD is at leading edge of technology advances and ensure all projects are fully compliant with appropriate legislative requirements and utilise BAT.
- Lead the delivery of assigned Capital & SR projects within the agreed scope / budget / time-frame / HSE measures, to meet the sanctioned business case and ensuring a strong interface with key Operational stakeholders throughout the project development / delivery cycle.
- Lead project procurement and commercial activities including equipment and service scoping, tender process, contract negotiations, contract award and variations to ensure WGSD obtain the best value, most effective solution.
- Lead development process for Project Engineers/Project Support Engineers/Graduates to ensure continual improvement of core competencies within the team and incrementally progress engineering and projects capability.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
You should be degree level qualified or significant appropriate trade(s) discipline experience with a high level knowledge and practise in engineering design standards. You should have a demonstrable track record in an engineering design / project delivery discipline of at least 8 years.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please click here or visit our Company Careers Website at: