Principal Process Engineer
We are working with an engineering consultancy specialises in delivering the full lifecycle of projects working in the nuclear and power industry. The client has tackled some of the largest technical and manufacturing challenges presented by their nuclear clients, from fuel cycle and power generation through to nuclear new build and decommissioning.
An opportunity is available for a Principal Process Engineer to join an established team based in Cumbria supporting various nuclear projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be from a Process Engineering background with an appreciation of mechanical piping. AutoCAD and Mathcad would be preferred software.
Leadership experience would be desirable as they will be designated Responsible engineer roles within project teams.
The Principal Engineer is an engineer with responsibility for undertaking or complying with the following:
- Be accountable for the technical management and delivery within time, cost and quality
- Maintain technical compliance with the contract and resolve technical conflicts where possible
- Ensure cross-discipline integration
Assist the project management staff in:
- Understanding the technical delivery such that they may manage budget / expenditure information and work durations
- Reviewing progress and the critical path
- Identify and report change
- Promote cohesion across the project team
Carrying out design tasks to meet the time, cost and quality requirements of projects:
- Scheme design deliverables
- Detail design deliverables
- Production of manufacturing documentation
- Take part in client meetings, testing / commissioning activities and post project review meetings
- Maintaining the project's working folder
- Checking and approving of deliverables produced by other team members
Act as mentor to a number of engineering staff to:
- Develop their technical knowledge and understanding
- Develop their leadership abilities
- Provide support in achieving developmental goals
- Encourage staff to develop their personal competencies
- Production of concept designs
- Estimating durations for design of tender items
- Composing technical responses to quotation requests
Engineering Productivity, Quality & Improvement
- Ongoing assessment of engineering processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements
- Promoting adherence to company processes and procedures to support consistency and quality of engineering work
- Promote compliance with both client and statutory requirements
- Implementation of continual improvement initiatives
- Promoting a close working relationship with other departments, especially Planning and Manufacturing to ensure Engineering activities work smoothly in the delivery of projects
- •Degree in a related discipline (Ideally Chemical Engineering)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Accountable for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong technical leadership, decision making and communication skills
- High level of technical knowledge and understanding of the nuclear industry
- Proven record of technically leading teams, shaping the outcome of projects and assisting others in the delivery of projects
Proven experience in the delivery and management of project within the Nuclear industry
Ability to gain full security clearance
Chartered Chemical Engineer or equivalent